Happy Monday Friends!
Today I wanted to share with you some highlights from my day trip to Gloucester, MA! My best blogger friend, Katie from Boston, and I took the quick 45minute drive from Boston to check out the Hammond Castle Museum and the Eastern Point, Gloucester lighthouse. We left super early on a Sunday to beat the traffic and were able to shoot some cool shots of our my favorite summer go-to-items!
I thought it would be fun to share with you my most worn summer wardrobe pieces! These items have been staples this season, but I also know these will be pieces that can be re-worn next year. All outfit details will be linked below! Enjoy this little day trip style diary!
Meant to be,
The Hammond Castle was built between 1926-1929 by inventor John Hays Hammond Jr. It was his home and housed his private collection of artifacts. We didn't stop inside the museum (that will be for next time!) but the castle grounds were free to wander. The castle is built in a medieval architecture style and it is quite charming.
My favorite part of the castle was the beautiful arch facade that overlooks the Atlantic shore. Even on a grey day it was beautiful 🙏🏻
SUMMER STYLE MUST HAVES:
1. Midi minimalist tee-shirt dress- Madewell $88 This simple black dress is perfect for late summer and can be worked into your fall wardrobe as well!
2. Straw bag- This was probably one of the hottest summer trends this year. The bag I'm wearing went everywhere with me this summer. I like how this one in particular has a zippered top closure. This was ideal for traveling in Spain. This bag was actually from Amazon for only $29.99
3. White Sneakers- I in the photos above, I'm wearing a pair of Adidas sneakers I found at my local TJMaxx for around $39.99! It was an amazing deal for a pair of shoes that nearly goes everywhere with me. I love pairing them with dresses to add a little edge to a look. I recommend the Adidas originals- Stan Smith or the Adidas Advantage sneaker.
4. Straw Hat- a classy and stylish way to get some shade. I got this hat last summer from ilymix and I still love it. The Fedora as a summer hat that is likely to never really go out of style. ilymix hat linked below:
Going along with Summer 2018's straw trend, these hats were everywhere- Urban Outfitters, Primark, Zara, and HM. The "boater" straw hat was another summer favorite of mine. This style hat is similar but has a rounded top and gives a little more of the "femme fatale" look.
Urban Outfitters, Straw Boater Hat $39.99:
5. Small Silk Scarf - This is a cute item to have to accessorize a bag (like I did below) or to wear as around the neck as an accent to liven-up a black dress or plain t-shirt. The one pictured is from the Spring 2018 Madewell collection but I have linked a similar cotton one that is available online now.
Madewell Cotton Bandana $12.99
6. Jean Jacket - The last piece that has been clutch all summer, is my distressed Zara Jean jacket. I got this last spring and it has been a favorite of mine for some time now. It is perfect to bring along with you just in case you encounter an overly air-conditioned room. Ladies, you know exactly what I'm talking about!
Denim Jacket, Zara $45.90
I have been having fun with my jacket and adding random pins I've been collecting. The flair adds a little meaning to the jacket and makes it that much more special. On my trip to Dublin and Spain this summer, I made sure to get a pin from every destination that stood out to me. I will have to do a separate blog post sharing my collection with you guys!
Here are some of the photos we took by the Eastern Point Lighthouse. It had gotten super humid so I made a quick outfit change. This dress was great Target find from last summer. The dress is by Mossimo Supply Co. and is 100% Rayon. Rayon is probably my favorite fabric material to wear for summer. It is light and breathable. New England summers are high in humidity so wearing clothes that won't weigh you down is crucial! Coming from someone who is a profuse sweat-er, I tell you this from experience! 95% humidity will do crazy things to your hair, but it also often results in what I like to call a sweat-stache. Nose sweat is another one I frequently battle 😅. I'm known to be prepared! I carry around tissues/paper-towels just incase a quick wipe down calls.
The dress I'm wearing is no longer available but I found and linked a cute floral Mossimo Supply Co. dress from this season (also 100% Rayon). The sunnies I'm wearing are an inexpensive pair from SHEIN. This season these Lolita-esque sun glasses have been everywhere. This pair was only $4 and they come in a bunch of fun colors.
Target Mossimo Supply Co. dress, $11.49:
SHEIN, Heart Shaped Frame Sunglasses $4 :
Hope you guys enjoyed this summer style diary!
Til' next time